Other training opportunities
Once you have a job as a racing groom there are lots of opportunities to continue to learn new skills and gain more experience in the racing industry.
- improve your horse care and riding skills with Level 2 Diploma in Work Based Racehorse Care or your Level 3 Diploma in Work Based Racehorse Care and Management
- train to become a supervisor, head groom or yard manager
- get qualifications to transport horses and join the team travelling to races
- learn practical yard skills such as lunging, bandaging, clipping and first aid
- improve your riding with simulator training or work rider training – and have fall training for the moments when you can’t stick on!
- learn other skills to take on vital yard roles such as yard secretary or book-keeping
- train to get your jockey licence
- train to become an assistant trainer or trainer.
Create an account on the Racing Groom Hub
Use our free CV & cover letter tools for easy job applications and to apply for Work Experience
Find any licensed trainer in the UK using our ’Trainer Locator’ who may offer you a job or work experience.
Access exclusive benefits for Racing Grooms
Top tip! If you can’t see your perfect job advertised, trainers welcome speculative applications too! Use the trainer locator to get started.