Please see the BHA notices below in relation to:
– The declarations process for fixtures on Thursday 14 February.
– Requirements in relation to horses requiring overnight racecourse stabling, or which will arrive at the racecourse more than 4 hours prior to the first race. These requirements will apply to fixtures on Thursday 14 February and will continue until further notice.
DECLARATIONS PROCESS FOR RACES ON THURSDAY 14 FEBRUARY
Declarations for races scheduled for Thursday 14 February should be made by 10am on Wednesday 13 February. Please be aware that we are following the same process and timetable as was used on Tuesday 12 February, so therefore we will retain the adaptations made in relation to declarations for Thursday:
- The trial of transparent declarations in place for Flat races will be suspended for Thursday’s fixture but the number of declarations in each race can still be viewed on NRAS.
- No races to be staged on Thursday 14 February will be re-offered.
- List of provisional declarations will not be posted and the official release of declarations for Thursday’s racing is expected to be at 1.30pm.
- Jockey bookings for Thursday will be accepted until 2.15pm on Wednesday 14 February
Once we have been able to complete the analysis and processing of test samples we will return to normal racing administration activity.
IMPORTANT NOTE RE OVERNIGHTERS/EARLY ARRIVALS AT FIXTURES FROM THURSDAY 14 FEBRUARY AND BEYOND
Trainers declaring horses for any races on Thursday 14 February and for all races after that date and until further notice, should be advised of the following requirements for “overnighters” (horses arriving at the racecourse on the day(s) prior to raceday and which require overnight racecourse stabling accommodation), or any horses arriving more than 4 hours prior to the FIRST race.
In line with the new equine influenza requirements, we need to check the vaccination status of all horses before they can be unloaded. For overnighters and early arrivals, the process is slightly different. If you have a horse going to the racecourse overnight or arriving more than 4 hours before the first race, you must first email a copy of the following documents to: email@example.com
- A copy of the horse’s vaccination page
- A completed health declaration form
The trainer of, or Responsible Person for, overnighters and early arrivals must submit this documentation prior to arrival. It needs to be checked in advance, as horses cannot be unloaded or permitted entry to the stables until this process has been completed.