Racing is Everyone’s Sport – Show your support this Saturday
‘Racing is Everyone’s Sport’ is British Horseracing’s campaign to support Stonewall’s annual Rainbow Laces campaign. Everyone, regardless of their sexuality, should feel welcome within sport and racing must ensure it’s inclusive to all groups.
On Saturday 4th December British Horseracing will be showing support of Racing’s LGBT+ community at Sandown, Aintree, Chepstow, Wolverhampton and Wetherby racecourses. Anyone on the racecourse will have the opportunity to show their support by wearing a rainbow armband or rainbow pin badge.
We will be asking jockeys to wear rainbow for one race at fixture. Please see the nominated races below.
- Wetherby 12.27pm The Racing is Everyone’s Sport Handicap Steeple Chase (Class 5)
- Sandown: 3:00pm – The Betfair Exchange Back and Lay London National Handicap Steeple Chase
- Aintree: 2:05pm The Many Clouds Steeple Chase (Grade 2)
- Chepstow: 2:32pm Crownhill Topsoil Novices’ Limited Handicap Chase
- Wolverhampton: 6:00PM The Betway Handicap Stakes
Stable staff, raceday staff and BHA officials are also encouraged to wear the armbands too.
Rainbow saddle cloths, kindly organised by sponsors the Kindred group (through its Unibet brand), Betfair and Betway, will be worn for a number of races across the day, including the Betfair Tingle Creek at Sandown, the Unibet Becher’s Chase at Aintree and The Betway Handicap stakes at Wolverhampton.
We want to invite you all to be part of the campaign and wear your badge/armband with pride!